Edgar R. McGuire Historical Medical Instrument Collection
About the Collection
The Edgar R. McGuire Historical Medical Instrument Collection was established in 1985 by Mrs. Annette Cravens in memory of her father, chairman of the Department of Surgery at the University of Buffalo from 1914 until his death in 1931.
The collection, containing more than 150 instruments or sets of instruments chosen for their illustration of past medical and dental procedures, includes microscopes, surgical instruments, anatomical models, a leech jar and bleeding cups, and dental instruments.
For more information about this collection, see the Health Sciences Library History of Medicine.