About the Collection
By the early 1950s, the University of Buffalo had expanded from a small group of autonomous schools into a modern university with 14 divisions and a central campus. No longer a small community, the university recognized that communication among staff and faculty was becoming increasingly haphazard. The newsletter Colleague was established in March, 1952 to ameliorate the situation. It continued publication until it was replaced by the UB Reporter in 1970.