Sculpture of "Peace" outside St. John's Church in Magdeburg
Bronze doors with reliefs and two sculptures of female figures 'War' and 'Peace' flanking the entrance. The ensemble refers to the destruction of Magdeburg in the Thirty Year's War in 1631 and in the Second World War in 1945. (from: http://vanderkrogt.net/statues/object.php?webpage=ST&record=desa023)
Use for educational purposes only. Single copies (print, photocopy, download) are permitted for personal study, research and teaching.
Welch, Claude Emerson, “Sculpture of "Peace" outside St. John's Church in Magdeburg,” Digital Collections - University at Buffalo Libraries, accessed May 16, 2022, https://digital.lib.buffalo.edu/items/show/93228.