On Exposition Grounds
THE Agricultural Building is situated at the east of the Electric Tower, the narrow front, 150 feet in length, facing the Court of Fountains, and the principal front, 500 feet in length, on the Mall. This building is treated with great simplicity and very few features. The principal entrance is toward the Mall, facing the Manufactures and Liberal Arts Building. Around this entrance is the greatest amount of enrichment. The decorations are designed with fruit, vegetables, and flowers, expressing the character of the building
and the large corbels are in the form of heads of animals of the field. This idea is carried around in the decorations of the cornice. There is a loggia on the south side of the building, overlooking the Mall, formed of arches resting on single columns, with a ceiling of groined vaulting. The treatment of the exterior, like that of the Manufactures and Liberal Arts Building, designed by the same architect, is Spanish Renaissance, adapted to express a spirit of exposition gaiety.
Shepley, George F. (George Foster), 1860-1903 and Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge, “Agriculture Building,” Digital Collections - University at Buffalo Libraries, accessed January 22, 2020, https://digital.lib.buffalo.edu/items/show/94783.